- Uncle John's Band ->
- To Lay Me Down
- El Paso
- Dark Hollow
- Box of Rain
- Cold Rain & Snow
- Lazy River Road
- She Belongs to Me->
- It is the official Larry Brent Birthday Show, mark it because he won't get another one.
- We decided to do an acoustic evening of Brentisms.
- Larry M. Set up the room beautifully for when we got there. It was really comfortable playing so called acoustic.
- I'll try not to get too qualitative about the playing in these sections, I'll leave that up to the comment section.
- No guests what-so-ever. Dennis was barely there but did join during the Bertha in usually Dennis style of joining in about one verse from the end of the song. Brotman wasn't even in the room.
- It made the whole evening much more intimate than we usually are. Probably because Larry & Scott were right there.
- The drums sounded really good you could hear and enjoy them both.
First Set Comments:
- Uncle John's a bit rough just from the perspective of getting used to it all but it was in no way bad.
- Truckin' was pretty cool, also a bit rough.
- Except for a few good moments in Truckin', I don't think we achieved that good of an acoustic sound and groove until Dark Hollow and equaled by the Box of Rain. I mean we made it through El Paso but I want someone to say it was comfortable and mean it.
- Even the Direwolf wasn't as comfortable as last week's.
- Birdsong was pretty cool, it wasn't that comfortable so I think we just let it go further and further out, but not out of control. I got to give us credit for a pretty cool Birdsong.
- Ripple Brokedown was nothing that good.
- The set called for a Good Night Irene that was preempted by the Memphis Trio.
Half Time Food & Comments:
- Sicilian well done 1/2 sausage, 1/2 mushroom. Good pizza!!!
- Super Slick 40 Chicken Rolls w/ dipping sauce. Everyone loved them but the we a few left over.
- Garlic knots, bigger and drier than usual but were above average in the end. Which means no one touches this garlic knots.
- Larry B' ran for desserts. Combo Drakes and Hostess assortment. Drakes had the new found imitation Hostess Cupcake called something like a Frosted Iced Cupcake. Well anyway although they were smaller they were better than the hostess. Not the be undone, Hostess came up with an imitation yodel that now tops the original. It had a thick and crispy coating that was compared To a dove bar. I didn't buy it.
- Grape Snapples, Dr. Peppers, Cokes for all.
- Pre-jam Pork Rinds and Caramel Corn snacks and iced cold. snapples.
- The only song we didn't play that was on Kevy's list was a Terrapin
- Lazy River Road was very nice had the good acoustic sound.
- It was pretty cold in the room, Scott was hogging Kevy's heater but Johnny figured out the warehouse to studio heating system and it warmed up eventually.